VERO BEACH — If you’re a fan of ABC TV’s Dancing with the Stars or simply a fan of dancing, the Healthy Start Coalition is busy putting the pieces together for the 4th Annual Dancing with Vero’s Stars. In what is expected to be the best year yet, “Dancing” will take place on the evening of Saturday, March 10, 2012 at The Waxlax Center at Saint Edward’s School in Vero Beach, located at Saint Edward’s Upper School, 1895 Saint Edward’s Drive, South A1A.
Until that time, ten local dance “wannabees,” along with their professional dance instructors, are practicing and honing their dance skills until the star jeweled evening competition arrives.
At a Meet & Greet reception held on October 23 at the Coast de Este Resort, star dancers, their instructors, Indian River County Healthy Start representatives, committee members, and friends and families gathered to hear the long anticipated pairing of partner announcement. Co-Chairmen of the event, Brenda Lloyd and Joe Robinson, announced this year’s star dancers and their dance instructors:
• Star Dancer Carl Fetzer of the citrus industry and local non-profit fundraiser with Instructor Danielle Zimmerman formerly of the Chrisdale Dancers
• Star Dancer Laura Guttridge, model, author and internet co-host with Instructor Tom Isola, independent dance instructor
• Star Dancer Stacey Miller a realtor and interior designer with Instructor Robert Scott owner of Indian River Ballroom
• Star Dancer Mark Rodolico owner of Mark’s at the Pointe Salon and Boutique with Instructor Sandra Redfield owner of Zumba Works!
• Star Dancer Joey Schlitt a Sales and Leasing Agent for Coldwell Banker/Ed Schlitt with Instructor Beth Shestak of Riverside Children’s Theatre and Theater Go Round
• Star Dancer Melissa Shine an Insurance Risk Advisor for Vero Insurance with Instructor Barry Trammell co-owner of Vero Classical Ballet and Sales Agent for Dale Sorenson Real Estate, Inc.
• Star Dancer Susanne Sweeny a personal coach, author and Annual Fund Chair and VP of Grand Harbor’s Community Outreach Program with Instructor Joe Wynes of Desire to Dance and Sebastian River Medical Center
• Star Dancer Charlotte Terry a top producing residential realtor at the Charlotte Terry Real Estate Group of Alex MacWilliam, author and President of the Board of the Laura (Riding) Jackson Foundation with Instructor Roger O’Brien independent dance teacher and salon administrator at Ponce de Salon
• Star Dancer Glenn Tremml MD, athletic competitor and Emergency Department physician at Indian River Medical Center with Instructor Karren Walter of the Indian River Ballroom
• Star Dancer Buck Vocelle founder and senior partner of local law firm, Vocelle & Berg, LLP with Instructor Amy Trammell co-owner, teacher and dancer at Vero Classical Ballet
The star dancers and instructors will train for 20 hours over several months and gather community votes in advance of the evening on the official website, www.dancingwithverostars.com then later at the dance competition itself. Each $1 raised will equate to a vote for the dancer. Additionally, dancers are expected to raise a minimum $2,500 each to support the IRC Healthy Start Coalition. All dancers will be judged on 50% money raised for Healthy Start Coalition and 50% based on their dancing skills. Dance styles may include Tango, East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Waltz, Cha Cha, and Salsa as well as some new twists not seen in previous years. Audiences will not only be wowed by strictly ballroom dances, but will see a new international flair to the dance styles as well as the enjoyment of a pre show cocktail party complete with an open bar, hors d’eourves and a dessert intermission.
Tickets for the March 10th event will be priced at $150 for premium seating and $100 per person for all other seats. Ticket prices include the pre show, open bar cocktail party and dessert refreshments at intermission.
While more event information unfolds over the months ahead, potential sponsors of the event may contact the Healthy Start Coalition at 772-563-9118 or visit
www.dancingwithverostars.com to purchase tickets or to vote for their favorite dance candidate.